Summer is fast approaching, and I can hardly wait for it. Summer entails a lot of different things, but backyard bar-b-que’s and pool parties are at the top of the list. If you can’t go abroad, bring a little piece of Italy home to you with this tomato feta pasta salad. You’ll feel like you’re sitting on the coast of Amalfi!
- 1/2 pound fusilli (spirals) pasta
- Kosher salt
- Good olive oil
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, medium-diced
- 3/4 cup good black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and diced
- 1 pound good feta cheese, medium-diced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
For the dressing:
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons red win vinegar
- 6 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Boil for 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain well and allow to cool. Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
For the dressing, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan and parsley, and toss well.